How do I apply for a job as a poll worker?

To qualify for a job as a poll worker, you must be a Canadian citizen, you must live in the electoral district in which you are applying for work and you must be at least 16 years old on election day. Please note that, to be employed by Elections Canada, you must agree to refrain from any partisan political activity during the term of your employment.

To apply for employment, contact the two political parties whose candidates finished first and second in your electoral district in the last election or send your on-line application form to your returning officer. Before you do this, please see the Web document General Information on Poll Workers Positions for a list of positions and qualifications to work as a poll worker.

Apply to the first- and second-place parties

Apply to your returning officer