By-election in Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador)
Election day: Monday, December 11, 2017
Advance voting days: December 1, 2, 3 and 4
Information for voters
Am I registered to vote?
- Not registered to vote?
- Not registered at your current address?
- Not sure?
My voter information
Information for candidates
- Final Election Expenses Limit for Candidates
- Political Financing Handbook for Candidates and Official Agents
- Political Financing Handbook for Nomination Contestants and Financial Agents
- Nomination Paper (PDF format) Important note >
- Financial Forms
- EFR—Electronic Financial Returns Application
- Limits on Contributions
- Contact us Candidates
Following a recent Alberta Court decision, prospective candidates will no longer have to pay a $1,000 deposit to file for nomination.
Elections Canada is applying this change across the country, in order to maintain consistent federal election rules.
The Nomination Paper (PDF), and the Political Financing Handbook for Candidates and Official Agents have not yet been updated to reflect this change. If you have questions about nominations, please contact the Candidates and Political Parties Support Network: 1-800-486-6563.