Deputy Returning Officer and Poll Clerk Guidebook – Advance Poll
Record and report results (for poll clerk)
Put aside 1 Long Ballot Box Seal EC 50200 and 2 Short Ballot Box Seals EC 50190 to seal box later.
Copy number from Long Ballot Box Seal EC 50200
- onto Seal Control Sheet EC 50205
- into box 10 on Statement of the Vote EC 50100
On Statement of the Vote EC 50100
Note: the totals in boxes 1 and 5 should match.
add number of votes for all candidates.
Write total in box 2
add numbers in boxes 2 and 3.
Write total in boxes 4 and 5
add numbers in boxes 5, 6 and 7.
Write total in box 8
copy number of ballots from Notice to Deputy Returning Officer EC 10002 into box 9
Note: DRO takes Notice home and destroys it after 60 days
The totals in boxes 8 and 9 should match.
If they don't, ask CPS for help and try to find your error.
After 3 attempts, if they still don't match, write a note on the Statement of the Vote and continue
- add number of votes for all candidates.
- Sign Statement of the Vote and get DRO to check and sign it
Call CPS over to
Note: if there is no CPS, DRO calls in results as instructed by office
- do their spot check
- use pink copy of Statement of the Vote to call in the results
- give you permission to seal envelopes containing ballots
DRO seals each of these envelopes with 1 Official Seal EC 50180, signs it and gets you to sign it
- EC 50450 Ballots Cast for a Candidate
- EC 50440 Rejected Ballots
- If candidates or representatives are present, fill out Copy of Statement of the Vote for Candidates and Representatives EC 50110
- Follow steps on Organizing and Returning Advance Poll Material poster EC 50026