Deputy Returning Officer and Poll Clerk Guidebook – Mobile Poll
Get ready 2 days before (for deputy returning officers)
- Check your supplies
- Call office right away if anything is missing or if you will not be able to work
- Count all ballots.
Confirm total matches number of ballots and serial numbers on Notice to Deputy Returning Officer EC 10002
- Inspect each ballot to make sure
- it shows every candidate's name
- it is not stained or badly printed
- fold its corners
- leave it in the booklet
- don't use it when you serve electors
- List of Electors
- EC 20045 Guidelines for Candidates' Representatives
- EC 50060 Poll Book
- EC 50061 Deputy Returning Officer's Book of Oaths
- EC 90189 Have Your ID Ready
- Go to each location where you will be working on election day.
Post Public Notice – Mobile Polling Station EC 50040 in a visible common area.
If instructed by the RO, fill out Polling Locations Accessibility Checklist EC 12152.
Note: call the office if you see any problems at one of these locations. If there is no phone, you may use your cell phone. Inform the office to make sure you get paid for usage
- the room is suitable for setting up a polling station
- all required furniture will be available — ask contact person
- you have access to a phone — get the phone number
- Give phone numbers to RO office
- Decide which vehicle you and your partner will use to go between locations on election day
- The night before, prepare any food, water and medication you will need
- On polling day, make sure you do not wear political party colours or strongly-scented products