News Releases and Media Advisories
Chief Electoral Officer of Canada Announces
Preliminary Election Expenses Limits
Limits Apply to Registered Political Parties and Candidates
in the Federal By-election
Ottawa, Friday, April 12, 2013
- Preliminary limits for parties and candidates in the Monday, May 13, 2013, by-election are based on the number of names on the preliminary lists of electors.
- The preliminary limit for political parties with a candidate in Labrador (Newfoundland and Labrador) has now been published.
- The preliminary limit for candidates in the following electoral district has now been published:
- These preliminary limits for political parties and candidates are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
- The final election expenses limits will be available on May 6, 2013.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca