News Releases and Media Advisories
Preliminary Election Expenses Limits Now Available
Gatineau, Tuesday, August 4, 2015
- The Chief Electoral Officer has released the preliminary election expenses limits for political parties and candidates for the 42nd federal general election.
- These preliminary election expenses limits are based on the number of names on the preliminary lists of electors.
- They are increased for election periods longer than 37 days.
- Expense limits for election advertising by third parties are also available.
- Expense limits are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
For daily election updates, subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.