News Releases and Media Advisories
Revision of Lists of Electors Begins
Electors in Toronto–Danforth Can Now Make Changes
or Add Their Names
OTTAWA, Thursday, February 16, 2012
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Toronto–Danforth (Ontario). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information in the National Register of Electors.
- Electors in this electoral district who are not on the list for their polling division or who are listed at the wrong address can ask for a revision by contacting their local Elections Canada office:
- Door-to-door targeted revision will be conducted in selected areas.
- Voter information cards will be mailed to all registered electors in the electoral district between February 22 and February 24. Electors who have not received a card by February 29, or who receive a card with incorrect information, should contact their local Elections Canada office.
- A reminder brochure will be mailed to every household in the electoral district between February 29 and March 2.
"Every elector in this riding should be included on the list of electors for his or her polling division," says Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand. "It's very easy to register or make corrections to information on the list."
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca