News Releases and Media Advisories
Registered Political Parties Submit 2013 Financial Returns
Gatineau, Thursday, July 3, 2014
- The deadline for registered parties to file financial transactions returns for 2013 was midnight, July 2, 2014. These returns are reports on contributions, loans, transfers, by-election expenses and unpaid claims. Party financial statements are also included with the returns.
- The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada may grant a deadline extension if a political party applies for one before the statutory deadline. As of July 2, 2014, the following political parties have applied for and been granted an extension:
- Canadian Action Party
- Communist Party of Canada
- Progressive Canadian Party
- Rhinoceros Party
- As soon as possible after the returns are received, Elections Canada posts the returns for 2013 in a searchable database at www.elections.ca.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca