News Releases and Media Advisories
Deregistration of First Peoples National Party of Canada
Ottawa, Friday, July 5, 2013
- The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has accepted a request for the voluntary deregistration of the First Peoples National Party of Canada, effective July 31, 2013.
- The request was submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer in a letter filed in accordance with section 388 of the Canada Elections Act, dated June 30, 2013, and signed by the party's Leader, Chief Agent and Secretary.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration, and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's Web site.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca