News Releases and Media Advisories
41st General Election Under Way
OTTAWA, Saturday, March 26, 2011
- The 41st federal general election will be held on Monday, May 2, 2011.
- Local Elections Canada offices in 308 federal electoral districts are being opened.
- Canadian citizens at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote.
- Electors can vote on election day or on an advance voting day, on Friday, April 22, Saturday, April 23 or Monday, April 25.
- Electors can also vote by mail or in person at their local Elections Canada office by special ballot. Electors who wish to vote this way must apply for their special ballot voting kit no later than 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 26. Applications are available at www.elections.ca, by phone or in person at local Elections Canada offices and Canadian diplomatic or consular offices.
"Elections Canada continues to increase the accessibility of the electoral process by offering Canadians flexibility in how and when they can vote," says Chief Electoral Officer of Canada Marc Mayrand.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca