News Releases and Media Advisories
Federal By-elections Underway
Elections Canada Issues Writs of Election for Fort McMurray–Athabasca (Alberta), Macleod (Alberta), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario) and Trinity–Spadina (Ontario)
Gatineau, Sunday, May 11, 2014
- The writs of election were issued today by Elections Canada for the federal by-elections to be held on Monday, June 30, 2014, in the electoral districts of Fort McMurray–Athabasca (Alberta), Macleod (Alberta), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario) and Trinity–Spadina (Ontario) to fill four vacancies in the House of Commons.
- The local Elections Canada offices in these electoral districts will be open shortly.
- All Canadian citizens in Fort McMurray–Athabasca, Macleod, Scarborough–Agincourt and Trinity–Spadina who are at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's address of ordinary residence must be in the electoral district from the first day of revision of the lists of electors, Wednesday, May 28, until election day, Monday, June 30.
- Electors will be able to vote at advance polls on Friday, June 20, Saturday, June 21 and Monday, June 23; on election day; or by special ballot.
- Electors who wish to vote by special ballot must apply for their special ballot voting kit no later than 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 24. Applications are available at www.elections.ca, by phone or in person at local Elections Canada offices and Canadian diplomatic or consular offices.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca