News Releases and Media Advisories
Election Reminder Brochures are in the Mail
Gatineau, Monday, November 27, 2017
- Elections Canada has mailed a reminder brochure to each household in
Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan), Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario) and South Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia), electoral districts where by-elections are taking place.
- The reminder brochure tells electors that if they have not received a voter information card showing their correct name and address, they should take steps to register or update their registration.
- Before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5, electors can register or update their address using Elections Canada's online voter registration service. Or, they can register or update their registration at their local Elections Canada office:
- Electors who wish to vote at advance polls can register at their assigned advance polling place just before they vote. Advance polls are open from Friday, December 1, to Monday, December 4, from noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Electors who have not registered before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 5, may register at their assigned polling place on election day just before they vote.
- Electors who would like more information may call 1-800-463-6868.
Ready to vote.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations