News Releases and Media Advisories
Chief Electoral Officer of Canada Announces
Preliminary Election Expenses Limits
Limits Apply to Registered Political Parties and Candidates
in the Federal By-elections
Gatineau, Friday, October 17, 2014
- Preliminary limits for parties and candidates in the Monday, November 17, 2014, by-elections are based on the number of names on the preliminary lists of electors. The by-elections are taking place in Whitby–Oshawa (Ontario) and Yellowhead (Alberta).
- The preliminary limits for political parties with candidates in the following electoral districts have now been published:
- The preliminary limits for candidates in the following electoral districts have now been published:
- These preliminary limits for political parties and candidates are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
- The final election expenses limits will be available on Monday, November 10, 2014.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca