News Releases and Media Advisories
Preliminary election expenses limits are now available online
Limits apply to registered political parties, candidates and
third parties in the federal by-election
Gatineau, Wednesday, September 21, 2016
- The Chief Electoral Officer has released the preliminary election expenses limits for political parties and candidates for the federal by-election in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner (Alberta).
- View the preliminary election expenses limit for political parties with a candidate in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner.
- View the preliminary election expenses limit for candidates in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner.
- The limit on election advertising expenses incurred by third parties has also now been published.
- The final election expenses limits for parties and candidates will be available on Monday, October 17, 2016.
- Election expenses limits for political parties and for candidates are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca