How to obtain and install EFR
Go back to:
Welcome to this module on how to obtain and install the Electronic Financial Return software, also referred to as EFR.
The objective of this module is to show you where you can obtain EFR and how to install it.
- For access to the software, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your e-mail must include your first and last names. Also indicate the capacity in which you will be using the application, for example, John Smith, financial agent for an electoral district association, Ottawa South.
- You will receive a reply from Elections Canada with a link to download the software and an installation password.
- Click on the download link.
- Click Run to begin the installation.
- Select your preferred language and click OK.
- It is recommended that you close all other applications before continuing. Click Next to continue, or Cancel to exit Setup.
- Enter the installation password, and click Next to continue. The password is case-sensitive.
- The EFR software will install into a default folder. If you would like to select a different location, click Browse. To continue, click Next.
- To create the default folder, click Yes.
- EFR will install data files into a default folder. If you would like to select a different location, click Browse. To continue, click Next.
- EFR will create program shortcuts in your Start menu folder. If you would like to select a different location, click Browse. To continue, click Next.
- Select additional tasks if you would like, then click Next to continue.
- Click Install to continue with the installation, or click Back if you want to review or change any settings.
- The EFR installation is now in progress.
- Click Finish. The EFR installation is now complete.
If you need help or have questions about EFR that were not covered in this module:
- View other available modules
- Consult the EFR User Guide found in EFR's help menu
- Call the Political Financing Support Network at 1-800-486-6563
- E-mail your enquiry to email@example.com