2016 Guidelines for Use of the Lists of Electors
Annex A – Declaration Template for Lists Distributed to
Members of Parliament
Declaration Regarding the Use of the Lists of Electors
[Members of Parliament]
I, [insert name of individual to whom list is provided], do solemnly declare the following:
- I have received a copy of the lists of electors for the electoral district of [insert name of electoral district].
- I understand the importance of protecting the security and confidentiality of the personal information contained in the lists of electors.
- I undertake to use the lists of electors only for the purpose of communicating with the electors on behalf of the member of Parliament.
- [Include only if the member of Parliament is a member of a registered political party; otherwise, delete this point] I understand that I may use the lists of electors to solicit contributions and recruit members for [insert name of registered party] within the member's electoral district.
- I will take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information on the lists. I will not disclose any information on the lists.
- I will not keep a copy of the lists and will return my copy once I have completed the task for which it was provided to me.
Signature: ________________________________ [individual to whom list is provided]
Signature of witness: _______________________ [person responsible for privacy safeguards]
This ______ [day] of __________________ [month], _______ [year].
Note: A copy of this declaration should be kept on file by the person designated by the member of Parliament as responsible for privacy safeguards.