Apply to vote by mail
Eligible electors can apply to vote by special ballot. With a special ballot, you can vote by mail from anywhere in the world.
If you live in Canada, you may apply once an election is under way.
If you live abroad, you may apply anytime – click the button below:
By-elections will be held on December 11, 2017 in the electoral districts of:
- Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario)
- Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan)
- South–Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia)
Canadian voters have the option of voting by mail.
If you are eligible to vote in one of these by-elections, you must apply as soon as possible, to allow time for your special ballot voting kit to reach you and for your marked ballot to reach Elections Canada by election day.
Deadline to apply to vote by mail in the current by-elections
Elections Canada must receive your completed application by the deadline indicated below:
- If you apply online or to Elections Canada in Ottawa: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Eastern time
- If you apply to a local Elections Canada office: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. local time
Your options for applying to vote by mail depend on your situation. Click Apply to vote by mail to see your options.