Help – Home Page
- 1. What do I need to know to understand the Election Night Results Web module?
- 2. How do I get the latest election results?
- 3. What are the full and abbreviated party names?
- 4. How do I return to Elections Canada's main site?
- 5. How do I save my settings?
- 6. How do I print the entire page?
Choosing how you want to view the preliminary results:
You can either choose the link "Click here to view the results now" in the Home Page message or click on the "Electoral Districts" tab in the menu on the left.
The refresh rate feature allows the user to set the time interval between data updates.
Tips on using the module:
If you need more information, select "Help" in the top right-hand corner of any page. The Election Night Results module provides two types of help:
- Help with using the Web module
- Help with understanding the displayed results
On the home page, the refresh option for the election results is set at "Every 90 seconds." To change this setting, click on the button beside the refresh rate you prefer and then click on the "Submit" button. The automatic refresh function will only work if you have enabled cookies in your browser.
|Animal Alliance/Environment Voters||Animal Alliance Environment Voters Party of Canada|
|Bloc Québécois||Bloc Québécois|
|CAP||Canadian Action Party|
|CHP Canada||Christian Heritage Party of Canada|
|Communist||Communist Party of Canada|
|Conservative||Conservative Party of Canada|
|FPNP||First Peoples National Party of Canada|
|Green Party||Green Party of Canada|
|Liberal||Liberal Party of Canada|
|Libertarian||Libertarian Party of Canada|
|Marxist-Leninist||Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada|
|NDP-New Democratic Party||New Democratic Party|
|Online Party||Online Party of Canada|
|Pirate Party||Pirate Party of Canada|
|PC Party||Progressive Canadian Party|
|Radical Marijuana||Marijuana Party|
|United Party||United Party of Canada|
|WBP||Western Block Party|
Please click on the Elections Canada logo in the top left-hand corner of the page to return to the Elections Canada main site.
To save your refresh rate setting:
- Go to the Election Night Results module home page.
- Select one of the four refresh rate settings displayed under the "Select refresh rates for preliminary results" section.
- Click "Submit."
Please select the landscape orientation when printing.