Deputy Returning Officer & Poll Clerk Guidebook–Mobile Poll
This section explains how to pack up your materials at the end of the day. You will end up with a Transport Bag containing the official voting documents, ballots etc., and a second Transport Bag with extra supplies and items not needed again.
How do I organize and return my material?
Before you organize your material, you must have completed the steps for
Once DRO has reported the results to the office, do the following to Statement of the Vote EC 50100:
Use Official Seal EC 50180 to seal the rest of the following full and completed items:
Put the following in Large All-Purpose Envelope EC 11520:
Put the following in Envelope: Candidate Representative Documents EC 50423:
Gather the following items – on a separate table if possible:
- ☐ EC 10002 Record of Ballots
- ☐ EC 50036 Helper Form — only completed ones
- ☐ EC 50034 Qualification Form — only completed ones
- ☐ EC 50052 Transfer Certificate — only completed ones
- ☐ EC 50060 Events Log
- ☐ EC 50090 Tally Sheet — only completed ones
- ☐ EC 50110 Copy of Results for Candidates — only completed ones
- ☐ EC 50420 Envelope: Stubs and Unused Ballots — sealed
- ☐ EC 50430 Envelope: Spoiled Ballots — sealed
- ☐ EC 50440 Envelope: Rejected Ballots — sealed
- ☐ EC 50450 Envelope: Ballots Cast for a Candidate — sealed, one for each candidate
- ☐ EC 50490 Mobile Poll Bag — make sure it is empty
- ☐ List of Electors
- ☐ Plastic bag with counterfoils
Spot Check 11
DRO check the items, then put them into Mobile Poll Bag EC 50490.
Peel the strip off the back of Mobile Poll Bag EC 50490 and close it.
Set aside the following seals for later:
Record the Long Ballot Box Seal EC 50200 number on Seal Control Sheet EC 50205.
Put the following inside Ballot Box EC 50250:
Seal Ballot Box EC 50250 (using the seals you set aside in step 8).
Put the following items, previously set aside, inside one Transport Bag EC 50253:
Throw away the used Floor Marking Strip EC 50163 and any other garbage such as the backing sheet of used seals.
You should now only have unused, spare supplies left on your table. Put them inside a second Transport Bag EC 50253.
Take both transport bags to the office. Complete Time sheet for the Election Worker EC 11655 before you leave.