Leadership Contestant's Registration Reports
New rules for contestants for the leadership of a registered political party came into effect on January 1, 2004. The rules are part of important changes to the Canada Elections Act made by Parliament in June 2003.
The most significant changes affecting leadership contestants concern registration, contributions, financial reports and public disclosure of information. Additional information on new rules governing leadership contestants is available in the backgrounder entitled Registration and Political Financing of Leadership Contestants – New Rules on January 1, 2004.
When applying for registration, a leadership contestant must report all contributions that he or she received before submitting an application for registration with the Chief Electoral Officer. The Chief Electoral Officer is required under the Canada Elections Act to publish information concerning these contributions.
The following registered contestants have submitted their Leadership Contestant's Registration Reports:
- Carolyn Bennett (PDF format 682 KB)
- Maurizio Bevilacqua (PDF format 1,256 KB)
- Scott Brison (PDF format 793 KB)
- Stéphane Dion (PDF format 1,060 KB)
- Ken Dryden (PDF format 1,043 KB)
- Hedy Fry (PDF format 696 KB)
- Martha Hall Findlay (PDF format 882 KB)
- Michael Ignatieff (PDF format 1,429 KB)
- Gerard Kennedy (PDF format 1,160 KB)
- Robert Keith Rae (PDF format 1,074 KB)
- Joseph Volpe (PDF format 1,933 KB)