Preliminary Election Expenses Limits Now Available
Limits apply to registered political parties, confirmed candidates and registered third parties in the federal by-election in Durham
Gatineau, Thursday, February 1, 2024
- The Chief Electoral Officer has released the preliminary election expenses limits for registered political parties and confirmed candidates for the federal by-election to be held on Monday March 4, in the electoral district of Durham (Ontario). The limits establish how much registered parties and confirmed candidates can spend on election expenses.
- Preliminary election expenses limits are based on the number of names on the preliminary lists of electors.
- View the preliminary election expenses limits for registered political parties with a candidate in Durham (Ontario).
- View the preliminary election expenses limits for confirmed candidates in Durham (Ontario).
- The final election expenses limits for registered parties and candidates will be available on Monday February 26, after the lists of electors have been revised.
- Expenses limits for regulated activities of registered third parties are also available.
- Election expenses limits for political parties and for candidates as well as expenses limits for regulated activities of third parties are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
- What are election expenses for political parties?
- What are election expenses for candidates?
- What are regulated expenses for third parties?
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations