News Releases and Media Advisories
Chief Electoral Officer of Canada Announces
Preliminary Election Expenses Limits
Limits Apply to Registered Political Parties, Candidates and Third Parties
in the Federal By-elections
Gatineau, Friday, May 8, 2015
- Preliminary expenses limits for parties and candidates in the Monday, October 19, 2015, federal by-elections are based on the number of names on the preliminary lists of electors.
- The preliminary limits for political parties with candidates in the following electoral districts have now been published:
- The preliminary limits for candidates in the following electoral districts have now been published:
- The final election expenses limits will be available on Monday, October 12, 2015.
- The limit on election advertising expenses incurred by third parties in each of the electoral districts where a by-election is currently underway has also been published.
Expenses limits for political parties and candidates, as well as election advertising expenses limits for third parties, are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca