News Releases and Media Advisories
Federal By-elections Underway in
Scarborough–Agincourt,and South Surrey–White Rock
Gatineau, Sunday, November 5, 2017
- Federal by-elections will be held on Monday, December 11, 2017, in the electoral districts of Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan), Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario), and South Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia) to fill vacancies in the House of Commons.
- Elections Canada offices in these electoral districts will be open shortly.
- Canadian citizens in these electoral districts who are at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's home address must be in the electoral district from the first day of the revision of the voters lists, Wednesday, November 8, 2017, until election day, Monday, December 11, 2017.
- Electors need to be registered to vote. Most electors are already registered. To check their registration, electors can visit elections.ca/register or call us at 1-800-463-6868. Unregistered electors can register at the Elections Canada office in their electoral district, or at the polls just before they vote.
- Electors have several voting options to choose from: by mail, in person at an Elections Canada office, at their advance polling station, or at their election day polling place.
- To vote, electors must show proof of their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
Ready to vote.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations