Correction: Federal By-election Under Way in Mississauga–Lakeshore
Gatineau, Monday, November 7, 2022
Correction notice: In the news release Federal By-election Under Way in Mississauga–Lakeshore, posted on elections.ca on November 6, 2022, there was an error in the first sub-bullet of the third bullet point: "Their home address must be in the electoral district as of Sunday, November 6" should have been "Their home address must be in the electoral district as of Monday, November 7." The complete corrected copy follows:
- A federal by-election will be held on Monday, December 12, 2022 in the electoral district of Mississauga–Lakeshore (Ontario) to fill a vacancy in the House of Commons.
- The Elections Canada office in Mississauga–Lakeshore will open soon. For complete information on the health and safety measures in place at Elections Canada locations, visit elections.ca.
- Canadian citizens who are at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote in Mississauga–Lakeshore if they:
- Live in Mississauga–Lakeshore. Their home address must be in the electoral district as of Monday, November 7, 2022 until election day, December 12, 2022.
- Are registered. Most Canadians who are eligible to vote are already registered in the National Register of Electors. To check if they are registered or register to vote, electors should use the Online Voter Registration Service at elections.ca, call us at 1-800-463-6868 or contact their Elections Canada office. They can also register in person at their polling station when they go to vote.
- Show proof of their identity and address. There are many different pieces of ID that can be used to prove identity and address. The full list is available online.
- Electors can vote:
- At the Elections Canada office in Mississauga–Lakeshore, anytime between now and Tuesday, December 6, 6:00 p.m.
- At their assigned polling station, on advance polling days or election day—that is, on
- Advance polling days: Friday, December 2; Saturday, December 3; Sunday, December 4; and Monday, December 5
- Election day: Monday, December 12
- By special ballot: by applying online before Tuesday, December 6, 6:00 p.m., and returning their special ballot by mail or in person before polls close on election day
- Elections Canada is following all provincial and local public health guidelines in Mississauga and has put in place measures to protect electors, election workers and political participants.
- For more information, visit elections.ca or call us at 1-800-463-6868.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.