Financial Returns of Registered Political Parties for the Third Quarter of 2022 Now Online
Gatineau, Tuesday, November 1, 2022
The financial returns of registered political parties for the third quarter of 2022 are now available on Elections Canada's website.
A registered political party must submit a quarterly financial return, if its candidates for the most recent general election received:
- at least 2 percent of the total valid votes cast in all electoral districts across Canada; or
- at least 5 percent of the valid votes cast in the electoral districts in which it endorsed a candidate.
Quarterly financial returns of registered political parties include statements of:
- contributions from donors;
- contributions directed to leadership contestants;
- contributions returned to contributors or remitted to the Chief Electoral Officer; and
- transfers received from other political entities.
The financial returns for the third quarter of 2022 cover the period from July 1, 2022, to September 30, 2022.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
For daily election updates, subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.