Financial Returns of Registered Political Parties for the Third Quarter of 2023 Now Online
Gatineau, Tuesday October 31, 2023 – The financial returns of registered political parties for the third quarter of 2023 are now available on Elections Canada's website.
A registered political party must submit a quarterly financial return if its candidates for the most recent general election received:
- at least 2 percent of the total valid votes cast in all electoral districts across Canada, or
- at least 5 percent of the valid votes cast in the electoral districts in which it endorsed a candidate
Quarterly financial returns of registered political parties include statements of:
- contributions from donors
- contributions directed to leadership contestants
- contributions returned to contributors or remitted to the Chief Electoral Officer
- transfers received from other political entities
The financial returns for the third quarter of 2023 cover the period from July 1, 2023, to September 30, 2023.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
For daily election updates, subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.