News Releases and Media Advisories
Preliminary Election Expenses Limits Are Now Available Online
Limits Apply to Registered Political Parties, Candidates and
Third Parties in the Federal By-elections
Gatineau, Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- The Acting Chief Electoral Officer has released the preliminary election expenses limits for political parties and candidates, and election advertising expenses limits for third parties, for the federal by-elections in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) and Sturgeon River–Parkland (Alberta).
- Preliminary election expenses limits for political parties running a candidate in:
- Preliminary election expenses limits for candidates in:
- The final election expenses limits for parties and candidates will be available on Monday, October 16.
- Limits for third parties in the following electoral districts:
- Election expenses limits for political parties and for candidates, as well as election advertising expenses limits for third parties, are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
Ready to vote.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations