News Releases and Media Advisories
Early Voting Opportunities for Students
OTTAWA, Monday, April 4, 2011
- The federal election on May 2, 2011 takes place after the end of the school year in most Canadian universities and colleges Ė a busy time for many students. Now is a good time to explore early voting opportunities.
- If election day isnít convenient, students can vote early:
- To vote, students who have moved to attend school must decide which address they consider their ordinary place of residence – where they live while at school or where they live when not at school (e.g. with their parents).
- Once they decide on their home address, students should make sure they are registered to vote in that riding.
- More information is available at www.elections.ca, in the Voters – Ways to Vote section.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca