Election-day reminders for electors in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes
The federal by-election is today
Gatineau, Monday, December 3, 2018
- Electors in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes (Ontario) are heading to the polls today.
- Electors must vote at their assigned polling place. To find out where to vote, electors can visit elections.ca or call 1-800-463-6868. They can also check their voter information card.
- Voting hours are from 8:30 a.m.–8:30 p.m. (local time).
- To vote, electors must be registered. Those who are not registered may do so at their polling place just before they vote. For faster service, unregistered electors can fill out a registration certificate at elections.ca, print it and bring it to their polling place.
- Electors must prove their identity and address. They can visit elections.ca to see the list of identification documents accepted at the polls or call 1-800-463-6868 for more information.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- Preliminary results from the by-election will be published on elections.ca as soon as they become available.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.