Advance Voting in Federal By-elections Begins Friday
Gatineau, Wednesday, February 13, 2019
- Advance voting for the federal by-elections in Burnaby South (British Columbia), Outremont (Quebec) and York–Simcoe (Ontario) begins on Friday, February 15, and continues on Saturday, February 16; Sunday, February 17; and Monday, February 18.
- Advance polls are open from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. (local time).
- Electors can find the address of their advance voting location on the back of their voter information card. They can also visit elections.ca or call 1-800-463-6868.
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is online.
- The voter information card is not an authorized piece of identification, but we encourage electors to bring it with them for faster service at the polls.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.