Election Day Reminders for Electors in Burnaby South, Outremont and York–Simcoe
Federal by-elections are today
Gatineau, Monday, February 25, 2019
- Electors in Burnaby South (British Columbia), Outremont (Quebec) and York–Simcoe (Ontario) are heading to the polls today.
- Electors must vote at their assigned polling place. To find out where to vote, electors can visit elections.ca or call 1-800-463-6868. They can also check their voter information card.
- Voting hours (local time):
- Burnaby South: 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Outremont: 9:30 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
- York–Simcoe: 9:30 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
- To vote, electors must be registered. Those who are not registered may do so at their polling place just before they vote. For faster service, unregistered electors can fill out a registration certificate at elections.ca, print it and bring it to their polling place.
- Electors must prove their identity and address. They can visit elections.ca to see the list of identification documents accepted at the polls or call 1-800-463-6868 for more information.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- Preliminary results from the by-election will be published on elections.ca as soon as they become available.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.