News Releases and Media Advisories
Deregistration of the Bridge Party of Canada
Gatineau, Wednesday, January 11, 2017
- The Associate Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Stéphane Perrault, has informed the leader of the Bridge Party of Canada that the party is deregistered effective January 31, 2017.
- The party is being deregistered for failing to comply with section 402 of the Canada Elections Act.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca