Revision of Lists of Electors Begins
Electors in Burnaby South, Outremont and York–Simcoe Can Check or Update Their Voter Registration Online
Gatineau, Monday, January 14, 2019
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Burnaby South (British Columbia), Outremont (Quebec) and York–Simcoe (Ontario). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information contained in the National Register of Electors.
- To vote in the federal by-election, electors must be registered at their current address.
- Election workers will conduct door-to-door targeted revision in areas where mobility is high and registration levels are low. If no one is home, the workers will leave behind a registration kit that explains how to register.
- Electors can use Elections Canada’s online Voter Registration Service to check if they are registered or to update their address.
- Elections Canada will mail a personalized voter information card to each registered elector in electoral districts where a by-election is taking place. Cards should arrive between Wednesday, January 30, and Wednesday, February 6.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.