News Releases and Media Advisories
Deregistration of Western Block Party
Ottawa, Tuesday, January 28, 2014
- The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has informed the leader of the Western Block Party that the party is deregistered, effective January 31, 2014.
- The party has been deregistered for failing to submit 250 member declarations to the Chief Electoral Officer as required by subsection 384(2) of the Canada Elections Act.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration, and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca