News Releases and Media Advisories
Deregistration of the Party for Accountability, Competency and Transparency
Gatineau, Friday, July 8, 2016
- The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, has accepted a request for the voluntary deregistration of the Party for Accountability, Competency and Transparency, effective July 31, 2016.
- The request was submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer in a letter filed in accordance with section 414 of the Canada Elections Act, dated June 23, 2016, and signed by the party's Leader and two party Officers.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration, and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's Web site.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca