News Releases and Media Advisories
Advance voting in federal by-elections begins Friday
Gatineau, Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Advance voting for the federal by-elections in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) and Sturgeon River–Parkland (Alberta) begins on Friday, October 13 and continues Saturday, October 14, Sunday, October 15 and Monday, October 16.
- Advance polls in these electoral districts are open from 12:00 noon to 8:00 p.m. (local time).
- Electors can find the address of their advance voting location on the back of their voter information card. They can also visit elections.ca or call 1-800-463-6868.
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is online.
- The voter information card is not an authorized piece of ID, but we encourage electors to bring it with them for faster service at the polls.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations