News Releases and Media Advisories
Election Day Reminders for Electors in Lac-Saint-Jean and Sturgeon River–Parkland
Federal By-elections Are Today
Gatineau, Monday, October 23, 2017
- Electors in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) and Sturgeon River–Parkland (Alberta) are heading to the polls today.
- Electors must vote at their assigned polling place. To learn where to vote, electors can visit elections.ca or call 1-800-463-6868. They can also check their voter information card.
- Voting hours (local time):
- Lac-Saint-Jean: 9:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Sturgeon River–Parkland: 7:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- To vote, electors must be registered. Those who are not registered may register at their polling place, just before they vote. For faster service, unregistered electors can fill out a registration certificate at elections.ca, print it and bring it to their polling place.
- Electors must prove their identity and address. They can visit elections.ca to see the list of ID accepted at the polls or call 1-800-463-6868 for more information.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- Preliminary results from the by-elections will be published at elections.ca as soon as they become available.
Ready to vote
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations