News Releases and Media Advisories
Revision of Lists of Electors Begins
Electors in Calgary Centre, Durham and Victoria Can Now Make Changes
or Add Their Names
Ottawa, Wednesday, October 24, 2012
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Calgary Centre (Alberta), Durham (Ontario) and Victoria (British Columbia). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information in the National Register of Electors.
- Electors in these three electoral districts who are not on the list for their polling division or who are listed at the wrong address can ask for a revision by contacting their local Elections Canada office:
- Door-to-door targeted revision will be conducted in selected areas.
- Voter information cards will be mailed to all registered electors in the three electoral districts between October 31 and November 2. Electors who have not received a card by November 7, or who receive a card with incorrect information, should contact their local Elections Canada office.
- A reminder brochure will be mailed to every household in the three electoral districts between November 7 and November 9.
"Every elector in these ridings should be included on the list of electors for his or her polling division," says Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand. "It's very easy to register or make corrections to information on the list."
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca