News Releases and Media Advisories
Chief Electoral Officer of Canada Announces
Preliminary Election Expenses Limits
Limits Apply to Registered Political Parties and Candidates
in the Federal By-elections
OTTAWA, Wednesday, October 24, 2012
- Preliminary limits for parties and candidates in the Monday, November 26, 2012, by-elections are based on the number of names on the preliminary lists of electors.
- The preliminary limits for political parties with candidates in Calgary Centre (Alberta), Durham (Ontario) or Victoria (British Columbia) have now been published.
- The preliminary limits for candidates in each of the following electoral districts have now been published:
- These preliminary limits for political parties and candidates are established in accordance with the Canada Elections Act.
- The final election expenses limits will be available on November 19, 2012.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca