News Releases and Media Advisories
Federal By-election Underway in
Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes
Gatineau, Sunday, October 28, 2018
- A federal by-election will be held on Monday, December 3, 2018 in the electoral district of Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes (Ontario) to fill a vacancy in the House of Commons.
- The Elections Canada office in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes is open as of today.
- Canadian citizens in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes who are at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's home address must be in the electoral district from the first day of revision of the voters lists, Wednesday, October 31, 2018, until election day, Monday, December 3, 2018.
- Electors need to be registered to vote. Most electors are already registered. To check, electors can visit elections.ca/register or call us at 1‑800‑463‑6868.
- Unregistered electors can register at an Elections Canada office in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes, or at their polling place just before they vote. They can also call us at 1-800-463-6868.
- Electors have many voting options to choose from: by mail, in person at the Elections Canada offices in Leeds–Grenville–Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes, at their advance polling place, or at their election day polling place on election day.
- To vote, electors must show proof of their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.