Deregistration of the Progressive Canadian Party
Gatineau, Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Stéphane Perrault, has informed the leader of the Progressive Canadian Party that the party will be deregistered effective Saturday, November 30, 2019.
- The party is being deregistered for failing to comply with requirements set out in subsection 415(1) of the Canada Elections Act.
- The party may no longer issue tax receipts for contributions received after the effective date of its deregistration and is no longer entitled to any of the benefits of a registered party under the Act, including the use of broadcasting time.
- A notice of the party's deregistration will be published in the Canada Gazette.
- An updated list of registered political parties is available on Elections Canada's website.
Elections Canada is an independent, non-partisan agency that reports directly to Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
Subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.