News Releases and Media Advisories
Elections Canada Offices Now Open Seven Days a Week
Gatineau, Tuesday, September 8, 2015
- Elections Canada offices in each of Canada's 338 federal electoral districts are now offering full service hours.
- Offices are now open Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sundays from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (local time).
- Electors can visit any of over 400 Elections Canada offices to get information, to register, or to vote.
- Electors can vote early for candidates in their electoral district at any Elections Canada office across the country until Tuesday, October 13 at 6:00 p.m. (local time). To vote, electors must bring proof of identity and address.
- To find the location and contact information of Elections Canada offices, electors can use the online Voter Information Service or contact Elections Canada at 1-800-463-6868.
"Electors can stop by any of our offices on any day before October 13 to register or vote early. This option may be particularly helpful for those who will be outside of their riding on voting days, like those travelling or away for work. There is no need to wait to vote," said Chief Electoral Officer Marc Mayrand.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
For daily election updates, subscribe to our news service at elections.ca.