News Releases and Media Advisories
Federal By-election Underway in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner
Gatineau, Sunday, September 18, 2016
- A federal by-election will be held on Monday, October 24, in the electoral district of Medicine HatóCardstonóWarner (Alberta) to fill a vacancy in the House of Commons.
- The Elections Canada office in Medicine Hat is open as of today.
- Canadian citizens in Medicine HatóCardstonóWarner who are at least 18 years old on election day are eligible to vote. To vote in a federal by-election, an elector's home address must be in the electoral district from the first day of revision of the voters lists, Wednesday, September 21, until election day, Monday, October 24.
- Electors need to be registered to vote. Most electors are already registered. To check, electors can visit elections.ca/register or call us at 1-800-463-6868. Unregistered electors can register online, at the Elections Canada officer in Medicine HatóCardstonóWarner, or at the polls just before they vote.
- Electors have many voting options to choose from: they may vote by mail, in person at the Elections Canada office in Medicine HatóCardstonóWarner, at advance polls or at a polling station on election day.
- To vote, electors must show proof of their identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca