News Releases and Media Advisories
Revision of Lists of Electors Begins
Electors in Lac-Saint-Jean and Sturgeon River–Parkland Can Check or Update Their Voter Registration Online
Gatineau, Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- Elections Canada has started revising the preliminary lists of electors for all polling divisions in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) and Sturgeon River–Parkland (Alberta). Preliminary lists of electors are produced using information contained in the National Register of Electors.
- To vote in the federal by-elections, electors must be registered at their current address.
- Election workers will conduct door-to-door targeted revision in areas where mobility is high and registration levels are low. If no one is home, the workers will leave behind a registration kit that explains how to register.
- Electors can use Elections Canada's Online Voter Registration Service to check if they are registered or to update their address.
- Elections Canada will mail a personalized voter information card to each registered elector in Lac-Saint-Jean and Sturgeon River–Parkland. Cards should arrive between Wednesday, September 27, and Wednesday, October 4.
Ready to vote.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations