News Releases and Media Advisories
Electors in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner
have several voting options
Gatineau, Thursday, September 22, 2016
For the by-election now underway in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner (Alberta), electors can choose the voting option that best suits their schedule. They can vote:
- on election day, on Monday, October 24
- at advance polls on Friday, October 14; Saturday, October 15; Sunday, October 16; or Monday, October 17
- in person at the Elections Canada office in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner, if they apply before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 18
- by mail. Electors must apply to vote by mail before 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, October 18.
- Electors can submit their application online or mail in a paper application form. Forms are available online, at the local Elections Canada office or at Canadian missions abroad. They can also be requested by calling 1-800-463-6868.
- Electors voting by mail should plan ahead. They must allow time for their voting kit to reach them and for their marked ballot to return to Elections Canada.
- Marked ballots must be received by the election day deadline or they will not be counted. Visit elections.ca for more details.
- To vote, electors must show proof of identity and address. The list of accepted pieces of identification is available online.
- Some pieces of identification used at provincial and municipal elections may not meet federal election requirements.
- Voting and identification rules are different for Canadian Forces electors, incarcerated electors and Canadian electors who live abroad.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Elections Canada Media Relations
or at www.elections.ca