Tools for Candidates
April 12, 2023
Candidates' electoral campaign return for the December 12, 2022 Mississauga Lakeshore by-election due
April 20, 2023
Candidates' statement of unpaid claims and loans due (18 months – 44th GE)
- Updated: Political Financing Handbook for Candidates and Official Agents [June 2021]
- How to Become a Candidate
- Candidate List of Authorized ID
- Accessibility Info Sheet for Political Parties and Candidates
- Guidelines for Candidates' Representatives
- Canvassing and Campaigning in Residential Areas and Public Places
- Guidebook: Voter Contact Registry (CRTC)
- Guidance for Candidates: Political Entities Service Centre Product Access
How to submit your return or other documents to Elections Canada
You can submit a financial return or other documents online or by mail or fax.
Submit online through the Political Entities Service Centre (PESC) portal
Submit by mail to Elections Canada, 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0M6 or by fax to Political Financing, 1-888-523-9333 (toll-free)
Note: With PESC submissions please follow the on-screen steps to apply digital consent and submit the return.
When submitting by mail or fax, where signatures are required, please sign the pages by hand.
Submit your nomination
You can submit your nomination online or with a paper form.
Submit your nomination online through the Political Entities Service Centre (PESC) portal
Download the paper nomination form and submit your nomination at the returning office
Note: Once the returning officer has confirmed your nomination, you will have access to additional election documents through the PESC portal.
Political Financing Resources
Political Entities Service Centre Portal
Political Entities Support Network
1-800-486-6563 TTY: 1-800-361-8935
For portal and election support: firstname.lastname@example.org
For political financing questions: email@example.com
Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)