Guidelines for Use of the Lists of Electors
Annex B – Declaration Template for Lists Distributed to Political Parties
Declaration Regarding the Use of the Lists of Electors
I, [insert name of individual to whom lists are provided], do solemnly declare the following:
- I have received a copy of the lists of electors for the electoral district of [insert name of electoral district].
- I understand the importance of protecting the security and confidentiality of the personal information contained in the lists of electors.
- I understand that I may use the lists of electors only for the purposes of communicating with electors on behalf of the [insert name of political party], including soliciting contributions and recruiting party members.
- I will take appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information contained in the lists. I will not disclose any information contained in the lists.
- I will not keep a copy of the lists and will return my copy once I have completed the task for which it was provided to me.
Signature: ________________________________ [individual to whom lists are provided]
Signature of witness: _______________________ [person responsible for privacy safeguards]
This ______ [day] of __________________ [month], _______ [year].
Note: A copy of this declaration should be kept on file by the person designated by the political party as responsible for privacy safeguards.