Tools for Political Parties
June 30, 2022
Registered parties' annual financial transactions return due
Annual confirmation of information in the registry of political parties and party leaders' declaration due
Submission of membership declarations for triennial exercise due
- Updated: Political Financing Handbook for Registered Parties and Chief Agents [June 2021]
- Regulated Fundraising Events Forms
- Nomination Contest Report
- Guidance for federal political parties on protecting personal information – Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Quarterly Allowances
- Accessibility Info Sheet for Political Parties and Candidates
- Broadcasting Arbitrator
- Guidelines for Observing Counting Operations at the Office of the Special Voting Rules Administrator (EC 22005)
To register as a political party, please familiarize yourself with the requirements of a complete application (How to Register), fill out the Registration Form (from the link below), and submit it to Elections Canada.
Political Financing Resources
How to submit your party's general election (GE44) return and annual financial transactions return
You can submit a general election return and financial return for your registered party online or by mail or fax.
Submit your return online through the Political Entities Service Centre (PESC) portal.
Submit your return by mail to: Elections Canada, 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 0M6; or by fax to Political Financing: 1-888-523-9333 (toll-free).
Note: With PESC submissions, please follow the steps on-screen to apply digital consent and submit the return.
When submitting your return by mail or fax, where signatures are required, please sign the pages by hand.
How to submit your:
Annual confirmation of information in the registry of political parties and party leaders' declaration
Membership declarations for the triennial exercise
30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 0M6
Note: The annual confirmation of parties and party leaders and the triennial membership declarations cannot be submitted through PESC.