Guidelines for Candidates’ Representatives
Comments made during consultation period of March 29 to May 13, 2019
Note: Buttons were added by Elections Canada to toggle from the comment (C) from the political party or the Commissioner of Canada Elections to the response (R) from Elections Canada, and vice versa.
Comments received from the Liberal Party of Canada
C1The Guidelines are clearly written and provide a single source of reference for the representatives of candidates at a polling station.
1. In the section Authorization of a Candidate’s Representative on page 2 [sic], and more specifically the first line of the second paragraph, would you please clarify and provide guidance on “or a copy of the form”? For example, does a photocopy or a scanned copy available on a mobile device suffice?
Elections Canada response to the Liberal Party of Canada
R1Text has been added to clarify that the original form or a photocopy of the form must be provided. A digital copy cannot be accepted because an election officer will need to collect the paper form for recordkeeping purposes at the first polling place visited.
Comments received from the Commissioner of Canada Elections
C2We are in agreement with the content of the proposed guideline.
Elections Canada response to the Commissioner of Canada Elections
R2Elections Canada notes your comment.
The following parties did not submit comments to Elections Canada regarding OGI 2019-05:
- Alliance of the North
- Animal Protection Party of Canada
- Bloc Québécois
- Christian Heritage Party of Canada
- Communist Party of Canada
- Conservative Party of Canada
- Green Party of Canada
- Libertarian Party of Canada
- Marijuana Party
- Marxist-Leninist Party of Canada
- National Citizens Alliance
- New Democratic Party
- People's Party of Canada
- Progressive Canadian Party
- Rhinoceros Party