Survey of Electors Following the December 11, 2017, By-election in Bonavista–Burin–Trinity (Newfoundland and Labrador), Scarborough–Agincourt (Ontario), Battlefords–Lloydminster (Saskatchewan) and South Surrey–White Rock (British Columbia)
Prepared for Elections Canada
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Detailed Findings
- Profile of Survey Respondents
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Awareness of By-election.
- Figure 2: Recall of Elections Canada Advertisements.
- Figure 3: Source of Recall of Elections Canada Advertising.
- Figure 4: Knowledge of How, When and Where to Vote.
- Figure 5: Elections Canada Website.
- Figure 6: Contact with Elections Canada.
- Figure 7: Preferred Method for Gathering Information About Future Elections.
- Figure 8: Preferred Method for Gathering Information About Future Elections by Age.
- Figure 9: Receipt of Voter Information Card.
- Figure 10: Voter Information Card - Brought to Vote.
- Figure 11: Awareness of Registration to Vote.
- Figure 12: Steps Taken to Find Out If Registered to Vote.
- Figure 13: Awareness of Online Voter Registration.
- Figure 14: Voter Participation in December 11, 2017, By-election.
- Figure 15: Main Reasons for Not Voting – Themes.
- Figure 16: Main Reasons for Not Voting – Breakdown.
- Figure 17: Out-of-Town Non-Voters Length of Time Away From Home.
- Figure 18: Knowledge of Voting Methods.
- Figure 19: Methods Used to Vote.
- Figure 20: Reasons to Vote at Advance Polling Station or Elections Canada Office.
- Figure 21: Awareness of Voter Identification Requirements.
- Figure 22: Identification Requirement
- Figure 23: Ease of Meeting Voter Identification Requirements.
- Figure 24: Ease of Voting.
- Figure 25: Voting Facilities [Starting Location]
- Figure 26: Voting Facilities [Distance and Ease of Access]
- Figure 27: Voting Facilities [Suitability]
- Figure 28: Time of Day Voted [Election Day]
- Figure 29: Time of Day Voted [Advance Polling]
- Figure 30: Length of Time to Vote [ALL]
- Figure 31: Length of Time to Vote [Election Day vs. Advance Polling Station]
- Figure 32: Satisfaction With Time Taken to Vote.
- Figure 33: Satisfaction With Elections Canada Staff
- Figure 34: Satisfaction With Overall Voting Experience.
- Figure 35: Perceptions of Elections Canada's Fairness.
- Figure 36: Trust in Accuracy of Results.
- Figure 37: Explanations for Low Level of Trust in Election Results.